What if I am sued?

Immediately contact your insurance company. Send them the lawsuit papers by certified mail and by regular mail. Your insurance company will assign a lawyer to your claim and will pay for your defense. If the other person sues you for an amount greater than your insurance limits, you may want to retain a lawyer for yourself in addition to the insurance company’s lawyer. If you are charged with a crime such as DUI, running a stop sign, reckless driving, you will need to hire a criminal defense lawyer. If you cannot afford to hire a criminal defense attorney, call the county public defender’s office and request that one be provided to you.

Contact Us

Tell us about your legal issue by submitting our contact form and we'll respond quickly:
This is for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of rendering legal advice. The material and information in this website should not be construed to contain legal advice. While we will treat any information provided as privileged and confidential, you should understand that when you provide information about a potential case to Dozier Law Group, LLC, we do not become your attorneys based solely on the receipt of the information. With your permission, we may use your information to investigate whether you have the basis for a valid legal claim or defense. However, until a written representation agreement is signed formalizing an attorney-client relationship, Dozier Law Group, LLC does not represent you and has not agreed to do so.