I was injured in an auto or truck accident. What now?

If the accident was caused by another person(s), you have the right to seek compensation. This includes money to compensate you for your physical injuries, pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, car and property damage, and any other expenses you incurred because of the accident. After the accident, the responsible party’s insurance company will try to contact you and get a recorded statement from you. One of the purposes of the recorded statement is to get you to say things which might prove useful to the other side in litigation.

We advise that you hold off on giving any statement to representatives of the responsible party and his/her insurance company until you have consulted with an experienced personal injury attorney. Representatives from the insurance company are not interested in fairly compensating you for your injuries. They are interested in getting the matter resolved and the file closed out for as little as possible. In fact, their compensation is often tied to that.

It is important that you take action quickly, as a cause of action must be brought before the statute of limitations expires and the passage of time eliminates important evidence.

Contact Us

Tell us about your legal issue by submitting our contact form and we'll respond quickly:
This is for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of rendering legal advice. The material and information in this website should not be construed to contain legal advice. While we will treat any information provided as privileged and confidential, you should understand that when you provide information about a potential case to Dozier Law Group, LLC, we do not become your attorneys based solely on the receipt of the information. With your permission, we may use your information to investigate whether you have the basis for a valid legal claim or defense. However, until a written representation agreement is signed formalizing an attorney-client relationship, Dozier Law Group, LLC does not represent you and has not agreed to do so.